Sunday, April 12, 2009
Me to We at IDCI
Since I wasn't able to attend either of the Me to We assemblies, this blog is just an overall personal though on IDCI's Me to We project. First of all I think it's one of the best things this school has ever decided to do and I'd like to extend kudos to whoever suggested it. In the world we live in today people are so consumed with themselves and we forget that there are other people out their who could really use our help, and IDCI has realized that and decided that instead of standing aside and saying "awe poor them, that's really too bad... blah blah blah" we're going to take a stand for them and try to make a difference. I also really like the choice of country. Sierra Leone is in so much need right now and they can use all the help they can get. I feel honoured to be able to be a part of helping children in that impoverished country get an education, and hopefully, if more money can be raised, we can give them even more than just a school. I think IDCI is doing really well with this project and we need to just keep doing what we're doing and get as many people as possible involved. So ya...SPREAD THE WORD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment