Sunday, March 1, 2009

Me and Leadership

There are so many things that I would like to do as far as leadership goes but there are some big ones that I'm really excited for and really want to push forward. One of them is the 30hour famine (which Katie V. and I got all the info and material for at a leadership conference we went to) including assemblies, fundraising and even an overnight event that I can take a leading role in and make it a huge success if we get permission. I also want to help organize a class trip to Guelph to participate in an event called "I Got Hands" through Free the Children where we would go down and pack clothes, medical supplies and other important items to be shipped to underprivileged families around the world. Another thing that Katie, Rachel and I have been talking about is an Easter by-out for the school with an afternoon filled with fun and exciting games for everyone including Easter egg hunts, competitions and so much more.
I've already had the chance to help with things like poster-making and class visits for the Vow of Silence and I'm looking forward to the "batter" activity our class has started and I plan to join Me to We so I can bring my ideas and enthusiasm to the group so we can raise money for building a school in Sierra Leone and spread the Me to We concept.
I can't wait to take on the challenges ahead and really make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment