I've got to say that Mark's story is definitely among the top 10 most inspiring stories I've ever read. I thought it was just so incredible to hear a real life story about someone who could have had the so-called "American Dream" of the great, high-paying job with the sports car, the nice house and all the benefits, but instead they followed their heart and what they thought was right and they dedicated their life to helping those in need.
What impacted me the most I think was the fact that Mark didn't even want to go to Tailand at first, but he gave everthing up anyways. And after doing all that, he still wanted to come home and get it all back when the going got tough. But with the the gift of perspective from only a small Thai boy, he realized that he was called to something so much more than passing out water - with or without ice. His attitude and his life goals changed so much from his visit to the slums of Klong Toey, Thailand.
He had a true Me to We transformation.
And my hope is that at some point I'll be able to have one of those life changing experience that will show me what it is I'm really called to do. I'll realize that even though I'm just one small person, I can make a difference. I want to be able to look back, just like Mark did, and be able to say that I had the courage to do the right thing, that I had the boldness to step out, and that I am really, truly happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment