So the grade 8 tours...that was interesting. It wasn't at all what i was expecting it to be. The group that we had on the first day was a little bit of a shocker. I was expecting the kids to be fairly cooperative and interested in checking out the school they would soon be attending but that’s not at all what we got. We had a fairly large group of kids consisting mostly of boys and although some were extremely well behaved and attentive, most of them were just rowdy, defiant and some even disrespectful. There were a few different times where I had to break up disputes and other times where I had to use everything I had to keep the kids focused.
In spite of all of this I think that what we did was a huge help to some of the kids and it gave them a chance to get to know IDCI and hopefully calm their nerves a little. It also helped teach a lot of the tour guides patience, confidence, self control and good communication.
One thing that I think could help improve it for next year is to have the groups more even and to have them sorted better by the elementary school teachers so that they can put kids in groups with other kids that they will work well with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment