After reading the stories of these three people's transformation from me to we, I think the one I admire the most was Brenda's story. Brenda didn't even have her high school diploma and no one expected her to go very far since she was simply a hairdresser, but man did she ever prove them wrong. Brenda found her calling in providing hair and skin care for cancer and chemo patients and was able to council tons of cancer patients and survivors and eventually began teaching others how to follow in her footsteps. I was just so impressed at Brenda's heart for people and how she was willing to do all that she did for complete strangers. She gave so much of her time and effort to them while still maintaining her job and family on only a hairdressers salary. All she wanted to do was help people and that grew into something amazing. I was able to take three very important lesson from her story and I think everyone can learn from them:
1) Even the most unlikely of people can make the change from me to we and make a huge difference in the lives of the people around them, so no matter who you are, you can help.
2) It doesn't take a huge petition or a trip across the country or anything like that to 'be the change'. You can do that right in your our community. Even if it's just one person, you are still making a difference. People in third wold countries need our help and we should be there to give it, but North America needs help too.
3) Helping others can be one of the most satisfying things you could ever do. When you try to make a difference without expecting anything in return you actually end up with the most valuable rewards in all the world...true happiness and pride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment